Saturday, December 10, 2011

Sheep or Goat?

I feel goatish today.  But I believe I am really a sheep.  I need to check though, take an inventory.  I was hungry and you fed me, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was naked and you clothed me - In September I begain going on a weekly mission to bring food, drink and clothing to the homeless in our city. I was going with a guy I was dating. We were kinda sweet on each other. I loved visiting the homeless camps and getting to know the people and bringing clothes and food. Boyfriend and I had a falling out, and the ministry was with his church.  I stopped going. I felt like a goat.  I want to go back or find a similar mission.  I was in prison and you visited me - I went to see my own son in jail last Saturday, but my other son is in prison and I have not been to see him since his return there in July. I feel like a goat.  I was sick and you visited me.  A little over two weeks ago my friend was diagnosed with cancer I went to the hospital two times right after her diagnosis and then she went home. A few days later she was in ICU on a breathing machine.  I visited her several more times. The last time I sat and read to her and held her hand. I knew it was our last night. The next day they took her off the machine and she died.  I am a sad sheep.  I may be goatish at times but I am a true sheep at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment